Lindsey Dempsey holds a Masters of Business Administration in Marketing and carries 18 years of strategic Marketing experience. She has been a part of the Digital Marketing evolution since inception. Prior to starting her own agency, Lindsey was on the ground floor of creating the Community Relations department at Apollo Group/University of Phoenix and served as Senior Marketing/Community Director for Yelp Phoenix from 2010-2015, growing the Phoenix Market to become the top 10 in the Nation. During her time at Yelp, Lindsey was solely responsible for designing and managing experiential events and strategic marketing campaigns. Lindsey worked with top-tier brands like GoDaddy, Paypal, Live Nation, Hilton Hotels, Scottsdale Fashion Square, Super Bowl Host committee and more. Lindsey’s work has been featured on Fox, NBC, ABC and PBS and some of her most notable accomplishments include “The World’s Largest Snack Stadium, Yelp’s Ultimate plaY Date at the Phoenix Children’s Museum, Yelp’s Science Fair at the Arizona Science Fair, Yelp’s Western Adventure, Super Bowl 49 Get Big Game Day Ready and nearly 500 others.
Lindsey was on the ground floor of starting the Community Relations and Corporate Social Responsibility Nationwide division of Apollo Group/University of Phoenix. Lindsey created the roadmap for Internal Community Relations to connect the employees with the Nonprofit organizations supported by the newly created University of Phoenix Foundation. Lindsey strategically built and managed the relationships with the company’s nonprofit partners under the Corporate Social Responsibility model. Through her role, Lindsey grew the University of Phoenix name to earn an award winning reputation in both the Phoenix giving community, as well as nationwide. She is responsible for creating and maintaining the partnerships between the non-profits partners and the company while engaging executives, Board Members, employees, students, faculty and alumni in initiatives within the community, by expanding and nourishing partner relationships in areas not limited to: business/organization relationship development and growth, volunteerism, fundraising, in-kind giving, event sponsorships, company awareness, scholarships, community initiatives and public relations. Lindsey led company-wide Community Relations efforts that resulted in raising $170,000 for March of Dimes, $14,000 in three days for the Super Bowl Host Committee, $47,000 for Salute a Soldier, $118,000 for Susan G. Komen, as well as countless others.
Throughout her career, Lindsey always had the dream of starting her own agency. Lindsey took the leap and started Elite Market Savvy as a result of witnessing small businesses continuously struggle with creating an authentic connection with their target audience. Lindsey set out to help small businesses grow their online brand with their target audience through community building, content marketing and through the execution of effective Marketing strategies. Elite Market Savvy specializes in coaching and supporting small businesses in order to achieve Marketing success through Digital Marketing Campaigns, Content Marketing, Community awareness campaigns and partnerships with the most successful influencers both online and offline. Elite Market Savvy services include: Social Media Management, content creation, email and blog content creation, Influencer Campaigns, Community Marketing, Reputation Management, and Marketing strategies and coaching.
Through Elite Market Savvy, Lindsey specializes in Social Media and Influencer relations. She runs Arizona Influencers, a thriving online community of over 300 business owners, influencers and industry professionals in the Valley. Through this group, Lindsey works towards the main goal of growing the Arizona economy through the execution of innovative social media and community campaigns that effectively gets the community to engage with businesses. Lindsey excels in her Influencer Management services to provide creative and effective Influencer campaigns with her list of over 200 local Arizona Influencers.
One of the most important things that separates Lindsey from others, is her seasoned experience in both the corporate branding/Marketing sector, as well as the individual Influencer Marketing sector. With this background, she is able to act as a bridge for the business world of brands and the creative world of Influencers.
Lindsey is a community builder by nurture and by nature. She prides herself on creating unique, creative, organized and successful campaigns that allow the creator to keep their voice and identity, while creating content that meets the brand's expectations for success. She finds the power of storytelling through Marketing to be the most exciting and enticing element of the Influencer world.
Throughout her career, Lindsey has mentored content creators on best practices to forge relationships with businesses through campaigns that align with the goals and vision of the brand. She knows how to work well with Influencers and create a professional relationship with them to earn their trust and manage their talent effectively.
Lindsey prides herself in keeping an open line of communication and outlining specific goals and expectations for each campaign to be a success.
She thrives in a creative environment that allows her to look at the bigger picture and create a strategic marketing campaign that aligns with the overall goals.
Community & Marketing Director
6/2010 – 7/2015 • Phoenix, AZ
- In charge of Marketing, PR, Event Planning, Social Media and Business owner education for the Phoenix metro
- Promotes Yelp both on and offline.
- Works closely with businesses to come up with ways for them to effectively raise awareness about their business to the tastemakers and influencers.
- Educates businesses on yelp.com by hosting business owner education seminars and meetings.
- Educates business owners on online reputation management.
- Event planner and host of monthly events for the community of active and vocal influencers, with attendance ranging from 100 to 2,000 in attendance.
- Identifies and executes marketing partnerships with events and organizations.
- Writes the weekly email newsletter (yelp.com/weekly) which is distributed to local subscribers.
- Manages the social media accounts for Yelp Phoenix, including the Twitter handle with 11,400 followers.
- Acts as the local “face” of Yelp and Yelp representative for media appearances and interviews.
Associate Director, PR, Community Relations
Grand Canyon University
9/2009 – 6/2010 • Phoenix, AZ
- Manages Public Relations accounts.
- Teaches and mentors college students on public relations and community relations.
Plans and implements public relations strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Manages media relations to increase presence of the University locally and nationally.
- Oversees and directs the Internal -Communications team of the Communication’s Manager and Specialists.
Responsible for directing and approving all staff, student, alumni and faculty communication.
- Fosters and maintains strategic relationships with key influencers by identifying and developing relationships and organizing events with community, non-profit, and political organizations.
- Identifies and develops appropriate sponsorship opportunities, special events, projects and programs that will increase brand awareness, trust and loyalty pertaining to community impact.
Community Relations Manager
University of Phoenix/Apollo Group
1/2007 – 10/2009 • Phoenix, AZ
- Built, executed and maintained partnerships with non-profits nationwide under the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility model and business mission.
- Created and implemented engagement strategies for employees, students, faculty and alumni nationwide, by expanding and nourishing relationships with non-profit partners in areas not limited to: business/organization relationship development and growth, volunteerism, financial support, in-kind giving, event sponsorships, company awareness, community initiatives and public relations.
- Created innovative community campaigns for non-profit partners to include the creation of the plan, website, electronic and printed marketing materials, company-wide communications, securing company support, social networking communication, planned events and event promotion.
- Managed the department interns and coordinator positions.
- Created and maintained the Community Relations website http://communityrelations.phoenix.edu.
Project Manager - Marketing
University of Phoenix/Apollo Group
1/2006 – 1/2007 • Phoenix, AZ
- Account Manager for all direct and lead generation internet marketing components for University of Phoenix Online, Axia College, Alumni, Scholarships and Public Affairs.
- Prepared and managed print marketing, internet marketing, website creation and audio marketing from the start to the finish of each project.
- Managed the company’s first e-commerce marketing partnership with theU.com.
Elite Market Savvy Marketing
07/2015 – Present • Phoenix, AZ
Client services specialist assisting with the project management of Marketing campaigns from idea to execution.
Client strategist for Marketing development and growth
Client strategist for Digital Marketing, Influencer Marketing, Experiential Marketing, Content Creation
Marketing Coach to assist with the development and execution of a Marketing strategies and execution.
Consultant for marketing, public relations, social media management and reputation management.
Trainer for marketing, public relations, social media management and reputation management
Owner of Arizona Influencers – a growing group of over 200 prestigious professionals who are influencers within media, social media and business entrepreneurship.
10/2019 – Present • Phoenix, AZ
A website that connects families through experiences and events
Experiential marketing to create marketing opportunities for businesses to bring in local families and create a returning customer
A community for families to connect with each other and local businesses
Private events at businesses throughout Arizona
Website featuring over 100 local events catered to families
Local concierge to create itineraries for locals and visitors.
University of Phoenix
Masters in Business Administration & Marketing
1/2006 – 07/2008 • Phoenix, AZ
University of Arizona
08/2001 – 05/2005 • Tucson, AZ
Events Marketing PR Social Media Coaching Reputation Management
event planning PR Marketing Social Media Writing Training Consultation