Lindsey has an undergraduate degree from University of Arizona and a Masters in Business Administration and Marketing from University of Phoenix. She joined Yelp pre-IPO in 2010 as the head of Marketing for the Phoenix metropolis. During Lindsey’s career at Yelp as the Senior Marketing and Community Director, she grew the Phoenix community to become one of top 10 largest Yelp markets in the world. As the only Marketing employee in charge of the Phoenix market and the “face of Yelp," she helped business owners increase their brand awareness and create a positive online reputation with the tastemakers and most active reviewers. She did so by creating specialized Yelp education programs, planning marketing events, launching effective marketing campaigns and securing countless media hits.
During her Yelp career, Lindsey hosted business owner workshops for online reputation management in addition to planning and executing 500 events from the ground floor (all of which get reviewed on Yelp), managing 300 Yelp marketing partnerships and securing over 200 media hits.
Lindsey and her husband live in Phoenix, Arizona with their daughter and Cockapoo.
Community & Marketing Director
6/2010 – 7/2015 • Phoenix, AZ
- In charge of Marketing, PR, Event Planning, Social Media and Business owner education for the Phoenix metro
- Promotes Yelp both on and offline.
- Works closely with businesses to come up with ways for them to effectively raise awareness about their business to the tastemakers and influencers.
- Educates businesses on yelp.com by hosting business owner education seminars and meetings.
- Educates business owners on online reputation management.
- Event planner and host of monthly events for the community of active and vocal influencers, with attendance ranging from 100 to 2,000 in attendance.
- Identifies and executes marketing partnerships with events and organizations.
- Writes the weekly email newsletter (yelp.com/weekly) which is distributed to local subscribers.
- Manages the social media accounts for Yelp Phoenix, including the Twitter handle with 11,400 followers.
- Acts as the local “face” of Yelp and Yelp representative for media appearances and interviews.
Associate Director, PR, Community Relations
Grand Canyon University
9/2009 – 6/2010 • Phoenix, AZ
- Manages Public Relations accounts.
- Teaches and mentors college students on public relations and community relations.
Plans and implements public relations strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Manages media relations to increase presence of the University locally and nationally.
- Oversees and directs the Internal -Communications team of the Communication’s Manager and Specialists.
Responsible for directing and approving all staff, student, alumni and faculty communication.
- Fosters and maintains strategic relationships with key influencers by identifying and developing relationships and organizing events with community, non-profit, and political organizations.
- Identifies and develops appropriate sponsorship opportunities, special events, projects and programs that will increase brand awareness, trust and loyalty pertaining to community impact.
Community Relations Manager
University of Phoenix/Apollo Group
1/2007 – 10/2009 • Phoenix, AZ
- Built, executed and maintained partnerships with non-profits nationwide under the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility model and business mission.
- Created and implemented engagement strategies for employees, students, faculty and alumni nationwide, by expanding and nourishing relationships with non-profit partners in areas not limited to: business/organization relationship development and growth, volunteerism, financial support, in-kind giving, event sponsorships, company awareness, community initiatives and public relations.
- Created innovative community campaigns for non-profit partners to include the creation of the plan, website, electronic and printed marketing materials, company-wide communications, securing company support, social networking communication, planned events and event promotion.
- Managed the department interns and coordinator positions.
- Created and maintained the Community Relations website http://communityrelations.phoenix.edu.
Project Manager - Marketing
University of Phoenix/Apollo Group
1/2006 – 1/2007 • Phoenix, AZ
- Account Manager for all direct and lead generation internet marketing components for University of Phoenix Online, Axia College, Alumni, Scholarships and Public Affairs.
- Prepared and managed print marketing, internet marketing, website creation and audio marketing from the start to the finish of each project.
- Managed the company’s first e-commerce marketing partnership with theU.com.
University of Phoenix
Masters in Business Administration & Marketing
1/2006 – 07/2008 • Phoenix, AZ
University of Arizona
08/2001 – 05/2005 • Tucson, AZ
Events Marketing PR Social Media
event planning PR Marketing Social Media Writing Training Consultation